There are many different types of diseases in the world and few are newly found viruses and few are from last years and in nowadays newly identified disease that is Corona virus has caused a recent outbreak of respiratory illness now called COVID-19. COVID-19 is a disease which caused by a corona virus and that is emerged in the China at the end of 2019 and it causes respiratory illnesses such as cold, cough, and fever, and difficulty in breathing, which severely has affected more than 196 countries.
How does COVID-19/Corona virus spread?
The Corona virus is spread from one person to another person and it mainly spread by respiratory droplets when someone infected with the coughs or sneezes.
Various Symptoms of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 that you should be aware of:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
What should we do to avoid becoming ill due to coronavirus? You can follow the following precautions for avoiding COVID-19:
- Avoid touching face and avoid close contact.
- Do not touch the more objects.
- Avoid mass meetings and major activities.
- Keep away from those who are infecting with Coronavirus.
- Prefer to use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol or often wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- You should wear Mask or cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your hands to eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Clean the surfaces daily that you often touch.
- Avoid eating animal organs.
- Avoid handshake and sharing personal items with others.
Following are the series of most affected countries in decreasing order:
What you should do the following things if you are or may be ill with COVID-19?
Follow these precautions to stay protected from respiratory illnesses or Corona virus or COVID-19:
- Contact your family doctor right away, if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and you have been exposed to the virus. You should discuss all recent activities with your doctor especially if you are recently traveled or lived in the area with ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
- Those people who are suffering from COVID-19 can recover at home. Avoid visiting the public place except to get medical care.
- Avoid using public transportation, sharing rides, and traveling in taxis with others.
- You should stay in a specific room as much as possible and stay away from other people who are in your home and this is known as isolation.
- You can avoid contact with pets or other animals as no reports of pets or other animals have been reported.
What is the COVID-19/Coronavirus incubation period?
Symptoms tend to develop in humans within the fourteen days of exposure to the virus.
How do you protect yourself from this disease called Caoronavirus/COVID-19?
You should keep good hygiene, social distancing, and respiratory etiquette.
There is no any corona virus vaccine yet, so everyone should take precautions to stay away from this disease. Preventions involve hand washes frequently, wear a mask, and staying at your home.