As per the reports of the World Health Organization (WHO), the COVID-19 cases continue to emerge. Government of each country requesting their citizen to stay at home in self-quarantine. Many countries temporarily close their fitness centre and other locations where individuals feel active. But staying at home is a great challenge to physical health. Low physical activity leads to the adverse effect on health, quality life of individual, and well-being.
Where you are enjoying quality time with your family there, you also have additional mental health stress. So following are the points to keep you physically active and calm during the quarantine.
1.Have a Balanced Diet
No overeating can boost the immune system, it will make an adverse effect on health and may you feel lazy and low.
Have a balanced diet
including fruits, whole grains, plenty of healthy fats, plant and animal proteins, and vegetables these are enriched nutrients diet that makes you physically fit. Self-isolation disturbs our balanced diet. To keep our energy level balance it’s essential to pay close attention to food portions.
Keeping our self hydrated is essential. How much water are body needs depends on the season, weight, sex, age, height, and level of physical activity we do. If it is the summer season, you require more water. Usually, 20 to 30 percent of the water we gain from our food rest how much we should drink per day depends on our age. If you prefer to drink tap water, then it is the cheapest and healthiest drink. To energize your mood, you can add a slice of cucumber, mint, lemon, or berries in it. Apart from this for hydration, you can also have unsweetened tea, or iced tea and coffee.
3.Have Hygiene Food
However, there is no such evidence discloses that COVID-19 transmitted through eating food so have hygiene food and stay safe from the foodborne illnesses.
When preparing food, follow:
- Wash hands before or after preparing or eating food for at least 20 seconds.
- When you get sneeze cover your nose and mouth with tissue or sleeve and immediately wash hands after.
- Prior wash the vegetables and fruits before eating.
- Clean and disinfect the objects and surface before and after use.
- Always keep the raw food and cooked food separate to avoid hazardous diseases.
- To prevent cross-contamination, use different utensils as well as chopping boards.
- Cook the food at the sufficient heat.
4.Keep Yourself Active At Home
Being physical active provide various benefits to the mind and body. The adults should do physical activity for at least thirty minutes to one hour.
To stay physically fit during the quarantine.
- Plan time for physical activity
- Take a break during push-ups and stretching or walk if your body allows.
- Take an exercise class online.
- Do comfortable or creative exercises like playing active videogames, dancing, play with kids, or cleaning the house.
- Get enough sleep that will make your body active.