Healthy Veggie Noodle Stir-fry Recipe
A great way to make sure you are getting the minerals and vitamins your body requires is to eat the rainbow. Eating a mixture of different colored veggies, like in this stir-fry, will help you do that. This dish will give you a lot of vitamins and minerals. Feel free to use whichever vegetables you have in the fridge, this is a great dish for using up leftovers too. Without wasting more time let’s start:
Before starting it, keep ready following ingredients:
- 300g whole-wheat noodles
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 3 fresh red chilies
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 3 limes
- 150g mushrooms
- 1 large carrot
- ½ head of broccoli
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Hot chili sauce, to serve (optional)
- Cook the noodles in a bucket of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh under the cold running water.
- Peel and finely slice the ginger, and finely cut one of the chilies (deseed if you like). Trim and finely slice the coil onions, reserving the green tops. Peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Mix the chopped chili and ginger with the soy sauce, and then grate in the zest of 1 lime and squeeze in the juice.
- Tear all mushrooms, scrub and shred the carrot, and chop the broccoli into small florets. Slice the sugar snaps in half lengthways at an angle.
- Place a large frying pan or wok on a high heat, throw in the cashews and toast for 2 minutes or until golden, then tip into a pestle and mortar and bash until fine.
- Place the pan back on the heat; add the mushrooms and dry-fry for 3 minutes. Drizzle in 1 teaspoon oil, add the garlic and spring onions, then stir-fry for 1 min or until lightly golden.
- Add the lasting prepped vegetables and toss over the heat for 2 minutes or until slightly softened but still with a bit of bite.
- Pour over the soy sauce combination, then add the noodles and toss together for 1-2 minutes or until piping hot. Scatter over half the cashews and toss again.
- Put another frying pan on a medium high heat. Finely slice the remaining chilies and scatter into the pan with 1 tsp oil. After 1 min, add the remaining nuts and crack the eggs on the top. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your taste. Finely grate over the taste of another lime.
- Serve the noodles in bowls and top each with a fried egg, the reserved spring onion tops and some hot chili sauce, if you like. Cut the remaining lime into chunks for squeezing over.
That’s it! Veggie noodle stir-fry is ready. Enjoy its taste!
[…]The data mentioned within the write-up are some of the very best available […]
[…]The data mentioned within the post are some of the very best readily available […]